DMV Connect is one of the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles outreach programs for people who may not be able to get to a DMV office. There are five Connect teams in the community. You can also view the DMVNow portal.
DMV employees use personalized blankets with laptops, laptops, and cameras. Computers only need power and an internet connection to safely process transactions in real-time.
Thanks to technological advances, all the necessary equipment fits in the suitcase. This means that DMV Connect teams offer you simple service. DMV Connect teams can process REAL ID, as well as all other DMV transactions except records and marital status records.
The DMV Connect program can process on the DMVNow portal with all DMV transactions except critical records and evidence. Available services include:
- Request or renew your identity card;
- Apply for or renew your driver’s license;
- Get a copy of your driver’s license;
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, or transcripts;
- Ordering posters or parking placards for the disabled;
- Update your address on the DMV record;
- Update your voter registration address and/or your organ donor status;
- Obtain a personal identification number (PIN) to create a myDMV account that will allow you to receive DMV notifications by email or phone and conduct secure transactions on the DMV website; and
- Find other government services through a Virginia website
The program was originally created to provide identity cards to inmates awaiting release, as their identity is required to obtain jobs, open bank accounts, enter public buildings, and apply for benefits. As DMV Connect continues to serve inmates, the program has expanded to include public clients in nursing homes, government centers, homeless shelters, and more.
DMV Connect is an outreach program for Virginia residents who may not be able to visit a DMV office. The DMV has 14 liaison teams throughout the community; The teams are based in Richmond (3 teams), Franconia, Fredericksburg, Tyson’s Corner, Newport News, Harrisonburg, Sterling, Manassas, Leesburg, Westfields, and Roanoke (2 teams).
DMV Connect offers hundreds of helpful guides to help you obtain a driver’s license or register your vehicle. Our guides also cover topics like license and registration extensions, DMV ticketing and point systems, and much more!